Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Funnies

I know I need to post some new pics, but the camera battery is dead, so that will have to wait. In the meantime, some funnies from J:

"Mommy! S is getting bigger and you're getting smaller! Wow!" (Can you see why I love this kid?)

J brings the boppy over to S and says, "Okay, S. I'm going to feed you now." I ask J if he would like to try to give S a bottle, which has been a gigantic challenge for two weeks (her taking a bottle that is). J says, "No, I'm going to breastfeeding!" I wished him luck in that endeavor. Maybe he is a man of the future.

Yesterday J woke up from his nap early. Correction. He never fell asleep for his nap and I heard him saying, "I think I'm sick. I think I'm sick." So I went in to see what was wrong. He said, "Mommy, I think I am sick in my throat because I have been eating too many donuts." (He had a donut on Sunday). A quick sip of water made it all feel better.

Taking a shower doesn't always happen when you have a newborn in the house. I've been lucky to get one once every other day, which is only because I choose to go to bed later some nights to take one. Yesterday was day two without a shower. Out of nowhere, J says, "Mommy, you're a little stinky. I think you need your hair washed."

That's exactly how I felt too, but I didn't get one until this morning. I plopped S in her bouncy seat after J went to school, showered, and toweled off. Then I noticed S had a major blowout though her cute little outfit and all over the bouncy seat, which is why she was scrunching up her face in a really strange way. And you take a moment to ask yourself, "Should I get dressed first or clean that up?" You really just want to take the two minutes to finish up and think to yourself, "Hey, she's already been sitting in it for a few minutes, what's a few more?" But then you know you just can't do it because it's one thing when you don't realize that it's there, but it's another thing to ignore it when it is. Everyone is clean now. And napping. So that's what I have to do too. Later!

1 comment:

rb said...

Perhaps J will see fit to implement a CLEANING WHEEL if he finds your housekeeping to be slacking along with your personal grooming? :)