Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Still Funny

Twelve years ago today, B and I had our first date. We were sophomores at Colgate and made plans (after weeks of playing message board tag) to go out to dinner. B was to pick me up at 7. It was snowing, which wasn't out of the ordinary for upstate NY. However, I did think everything was a big joke when he hadn't arrived at 7:40 and when he finally did, had already eaten dinner. Anyway, it all worked out just fine and the rest is history. April Fool's Day holds a special place in our hearts.

But today is no fun at all! I just got back from the doctor and have strep throat. It seems I get visited by the strep fairy once every few years. Unfortunately, the timing wasn't as good as it's been before. Not that there's ever a good time to be sick, but I have a good knack of getting sick on the weekends or when B is off. My fever started last night and is still hanging around today. And having a husband who is a dentist means that he really can't take off work and tell his patients to come another day because I'm feeling lousy, so J is trying to take care of Mommy today. He told me so. Then five seconds later he insisted I get off the couch and dance with him. Ick. Then read stories. Ouch. I think there's going to be a lot of PBS watching today.

Happy April Fool's Day. Hope you have more fun than I am going to be having today!

3 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

Thanks for the story - I love hearing how people got together! :) (And how old do we all feel that sophomore year was a whopping 12 years ago - eek!)

die Frau said...

Feel better! Yes, I, too, cannot believe sophomore year was so long ago. Oh, those bygone days....

T and I had our first date on the Sunday of Memorial Day. Perhaps the holiday dates have something going for them?

Sarah Berry said...

B & I met on the summer solstice... does that count as a holiday??