Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fuzzy Logic

With the rite of passage of turning three comes a newfound sense of logic. Everything makes sense to J. If only they made sense to us.

J: Ohhhh, let me see that pizza. It looks like it has cheese. I don't like cheese.
Me: What kind of pizza do you like?
J:Plain
Me: This is plain pizza.
J: Well I don't like plain pizza.
(After the pizza is hot and cut)
Can I have another piece of pizza, please?


J: Don't worry, Mommy. Your pants are dirty, but they will dry in the washing machine.

There's a line in a Barenaked Ladies song that goes like this, "But I don't like salmon. It looks really appetizing. Of course if I were to eat salmon, it would be the wild caught salmon."

J: But I don't like orzo. It looks appetizing. Of course if I were to eat orzo it would have to be the wild caught orzo. (put said orzo into mouth)

J: Mommy, if you pee a lot in the potty, all the time, your headache will go away.
(I think to myself that my headache is not due to the fact that I won't use the potty-- he will pee anytime, but #2 is totally a different story)

J: Did you know that sometimes babies float?
I tried really hard to make a connection to this, but it was just an out there thought with no further explanation. I will be sure to keep him away from the tub with his little sister for awhile.

And then there's his favorite one, which I hear at least 10 times a day...
J: There are two babies in your belly!
L: No, there's only one.
J: There are two. One. two. Because I say there are. It's pretty funny. I can see them.

I bet he can.

2 comments:

die Frau said...

I see no problem with any of that logic at all. :-)

Ouiser said...

i am cracking up at the "i can see them." it's the funniest thing i've heard all day.