Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday Mayhem

Not really, but to a three year old, it may have been. J had a super awesome birthday. The fun went on for days. And the gifts just keep on coming, much to his surprise. Probably best to tell the story in pictures...

It was a loosely themed Biscuit Brothers/musical farm party, so K,C and Z gave J a Biscuit Brothers outfit. So cool...



We got a phone call during the party that a friend's baby boy was born. We won't forget his birthday!



Newborn twins made an appearance and didn't mind any of the noise at all.



I made J a tractor cake. It would have been a lot easier if he wanted chocolate cake, but he wanted a yellow cake, so it took forever to decorate. I was really happy with it, though. And he talked about it for days, so that was a pretty good compliment.


The kiddos decorated electric guitars, but they had a little trouble getting the band together for a good photo.


We gave J a train table and a piano. I know I have said it before, but I. Love. Craigslist.


Uncle M made the trip down from Baltimore for the big day. I think the party was a good form of birth control for him.
Other cool gifts.


After the birthday extravaganza, J and I went back to Florida with my mom. Beach, parks, golf, Butterfly World. Getting spoiled by all the other grandmas in the neighborhood. Here he is feeding some Lorikeets and practicing his putting with Grandpa.




Well I better post this instead of trying to think of more interesting things to say. I'm just trying to get you guys used to the absence come May and there is no writing at all.

1 comment:

Pam said...

It certainly was a great birthday party. J is adorable in his BB outfit...and the
elvis cape...just perfect.