Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shoe Fetish

J's newest thing is handing me my shoes. It doesn't matter where I am in the house. He will run and find my flip flops and insist that I put them on. Upside down. This is not always easy, as he has little patience and they must be put on immediately. Once I have the flip flops on, he races and grabs a pair of sandals. I haven't figured out if I am supposed to take off the flip flops or attempt to put the sandals on while wearing the flip flops. I've also tried wearing one sandal and one flip flop, but none of this makes him satisfied.

This evening the husband was mowing the lawn. J wanted to go outside and watch, so he ran to the back door and began pointing and grunting. I asked him if he wanted to go outside. Again, he pointed and grunted. Finally he decided that I was moving too slowly, so he huffed, bent down, grabbed my shoes and placed them at my feet. "Hurry up, Mom! We're missing the show and it's all your fault!" We immediately went outside and he was happy.

I wonder if all this means he will have a thing for heels and slingbacks when he gets older?

No comments: