Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Weekend of Yum!

My dearest cousin M gave me a subscription to Bon Appetit magazine. I decided that I just had to make the meal on the June cover and the dessert on the cover of the April issue. We are having our friends K and C, along with baby Z over to share some margaritas, stacked chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, and lemon meringue ice cream pie. I've been busy since last night getting things ready and I can't wait to put everything together. I'll post pics of the whole process and the results later.




Later....
Oh man, was it good! Dinner couldn't have been better. We were stuffed and had plenty left over. J loved the enchiladas and kept using the sign for more. The only thing he handed back to me was a large poblano pepper slice that B tried to feed him.

3 lbs tomatillos and jalapenos, Lots of cilantro, mint, parsley

Ta Da!


Dessert





Lemon curd on toasted pecan crust, Meringue on top of ice cream and lemon curd



Completed torched pie and a yummy slice!


The next morning....

Today we went to a barbecue at K and C's to help celebrate their new house and Memorial Day. I brought a Lemon Yogurt Cake- a Barefoot Contessa recipe recommended by S. This was also a multiple step process, but much easier. Cake batter, cook the cake, allow sugar and lemon juice to soak into cake, then glaze with confectioner's sugar and lemon juice. It was delicious!





That's probably all of the cooking I will do for awhile. Although we do have steaks waiting to be marinated in the fridge....


No comments: