Wednesday, May 06, 2009

J's Thoughts

"Did you know that a chrysalis is sometimes called a pupa? That's a funny word. Pupa." Okay, I think we can upgrade the second grade science curriculum in schools if my kid is learning about it in his 3 year old class.

"I hope we practice our letter M today. Worksheets are the best." Oh no! Say it isn't so!

"Heh, heh, heh. The baby will be swaddled. Swaddled, swaddled, swaddled. That's so funny. A swaddle is like a baby enchilada wrapped up like a burrito."

"If I am a good boy, I can have an icicle pop. Maybe even two. If I am not a good boy...sigh, I can forget about it."

"Fire ants are mean. They bit that boy. I will stay away from the fire ants and if they come near me, I will say, 'Get out of here fire ants and go bite something else because you are not nice.'"

"Why does Daddy have another meeting? I'm all meetinged out." Me, too!

I had to ask J to repeat this one because I had to write it all down.
"Bubbles and toots make something out of air. They are the same because they come out of your bottom. I'm tooting right now and that's what I did. I made some air. It's called a toot. Did you know that?"

4 comments:

die Frau said...

Ah, tooting. They do so love it at any age.

Your boy is so darned smart.

rb said...

Wow - worksheets and chrysalis lessons all in preschool. My, how times have changed! All I can remember doing is playing outside, singing "And Bingo Was His Name-o" and napping!

Pam said...

I l0ove reading the J sayings.

The Perfect Space said...

Sounds like he'll be starting MIT at 16. He is a genius, I swear.
Oh, and my boyfriend purchased a "fart fan" for my 15-year-old for Christmas. That's right, it NEVER gets old. Now if only my son would use it for good & not evil...