Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Probably a Fluke, but...

J was watching Super Why while I was taking a shower. Wonder Red was using -at words to try to fit the story. The first was cat. Then she said, "Let's change the first letter." And J said, "Bat!" before the tv kids answered. I was pretty surprised. So I did what every reading teacher/mother does in times like these-- I quizzed my child.

I wrote down cat on a piece of paper and asked him what it said. He told me. Next I wrote down bat. No problem. Fat. Hat. Sat. Pat. Mat. The last one took a few seconds.

How cool is that?

4 comments:

feather nester said...

That's so awesome. I already was bragging on him to Ouiser after you texted me. Give our little super-genius a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

How did "gnat" go over?

Sarah Berry said...

Yea - that's the son of a reading teacher!! Very very impressive!!

die Frau said...

So very cool! Now I can use him as an example of a "prodigy", one of our vocab words. :-)