Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sneaky Little Devils

J got in trouble at school on Friday for stuffing paper towels in the sink and making it overflow. Or stuffing the paper towels up the faucet and making water squirt out everywhere. Either way, it was bad behavior. I am not one of those people that tries to pass the buck when my kid does something wrong, but I have to admit, my first thought was, "How is a 3 year old given the opportunity to do something like this when someone is supposed to be in there watching him?" It would have taken more than 30 seconds to complete such a task, which is way too long to not have your eyes on a 3 year old in a bathroom.

Little Miss gave us a full night of sleep the other night! Well we would have had a full night of sleep if we went to bed at 7 like she did. Instead, we were up late and then up early when she did decide to be fed. We'll get it right one of these days. Last night was interesting, though. She fell asleep at 7:30 and stayed asleep until around 2. That's technically sleeping through the night too. Then she was up for 2.5 hours. She ate and then she squealed and talked to herself for the rest of the time. I couldn't believe it. She was actually having that little crib party everyone always jokes about on baby bibs (Party in my crib, 2 am). I don't know what she was thinking, but I hope this doesn't repeat itself tonight. We are way too old and lame to party at 2 am and she needs to get on board with that ASAP!

Let's see, what else? I made chocolate chip cookies out of rice milk and dairy free/ soy free mini chocolate chips. Let's just say that they are fine and you would never know the difference if you'd never had a real chocolate chip cookie. But, I've had real ones. Oh well. They'll do in a pinch. I also discovered that I can have my decaf chai concentrate mixed with rice milk and it pretty much tastes the same, so that's good. I was missing my morning hot beverage since I like cream in my tea or coffee. This will do just fine. Oh, I think I forgot to mention that we're also not doing soy anymore. The dairy thing was taking too long to show a real improvement and so I decided to be proactive and eliminate soy as well. I figured it would be better to do that than wait for the doctor to say to eliminate soy, so when the time comes, I'll add that back first and see what happens. So I am eating little more than fish, salads, fruit, and Annie's graham cracker bunnies. This elimination diet has made me so aware of what is in packaged foods (soy is virtually in everything and pretty much, so is milk). Hopefully we won't have to do this for too long, as babies usually grow out of their intolerances by 6-9 months. In the meantime, the pre-preggo skinny jeans are buttonable, but I still won't scare anyone by convincing myself that they are wearable yet.

It's a beautiful day here in Austin and we're hoping to have some fun outside. J and B are at soccer/t-ball and I'm waiting for Little Miss to wake up from her nap. We'll see if she sleeps longer because of her antics last night. Later!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You're getting closer to that full night of sleep, keep it up! I can see the finish line ahead!

Amanda said...

Prolly good to cut out the soy anyway - what with all the isoflavone hype and all. Glad to hear things are going so well for you guys! Oh, and I havent' seen your brother in so long, I didn't realize how much he looks like you dad - wow!