Friday, February 26, 2010

Rough Life

J: This is the hardest thing I've had to do in all my life.
Me: What's that?
J: Ugh. Moving this laundry basket. It's totally the hardest thing of my life. Ugh!!!


J: No, that's my guitar. You, S, you have to wait for the bacon to cook before you can play my guitar.
Me: What does that mean?
J: It means I just made it up and she needs to wait a long time to play my guitar because it takes a long time for bacon to cook.

Yesterday the blackboard part of the easel, which was facing the wall, looked like something out of a horror movie. Written in scratch handwriting were the letters D I E. I saw it and called to B so that he could also take a look. Confused, we asked J to come over. We asked him if he wrote that. He said yes. Since I was uncertain if he knew what he wrote, I asked him. He said, "Well, I was trying to write Davy Crockett, but I didn't know how to so I only wrote Davy. (side note, he has a cd from They Might Be Giants called Here Comes Science, which is totally awesome and has a song about Davy Crockett in outer space)

Well, if you say it slowly with a Texas accent, you hear the D, then you hear Ay, which could be mistaken for I if you really stretch out the twang. He forgot the V sound and went straight to the E instead of a Y. Makes perfect sense. But it was still a little freaky when we first saw it.

We helped him write Davy Crockett. I'll have to post a picture of that. And the other stuff from his birthday that I said I would. I'm bad, I know.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Just love it!!!!