Monday, January 07, 2008

The Kid Just Keeps on Reaching

Here's an image for you to start your Monday. Remember a few posts back when I told you about how J grabbed the lemon cake off the island and started eating it and how I was amazed at his reach?

Yesterday B was using a pair of scissors to open a package. B placed said scissors in the middle of the island. J grabbed scissors. I walked into the kitchen to witness my son holding the scissors and jamming them in an up and down motion against the wood on the side of the island. Gash, gash, gash. I screamed since I didn't know what was worse-- the fact that he had the scissors, or what he was doing with them. Thankfully we got them in time and there are only a few little scratches.

Our safe places get smaller as he gets taller.

1 comment:

feather nester said...

Oh no! That's too bad. And scary. This will continue to happen if you keep feeding him, you know. :)