Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

After nearly a week of cupcake and Grandma therapy, twodom has been fitting J a little bit better. On Saturday we had J's birthday party, which was a larger affair than it had intended to be, but it was tons of fun. Last year we had a small party with maybe 4 kids and their moms. A lot of people were busy last year. This year we had close to 35 people! Turns out everyone was in the mood to party on Feb. 9. The sun gods gave us some glorious 75 degree weather, so we were able to have everything outdoors.
We borrowed a jumping thing from our friends, J and G. They got it off of craigslist and it will most likely be passed around for all the upcoming birthdays.

Some people ignored our suggestion of no gifts or just gently used books or toys. J was so excited to get a fire truck from Z.
On Sunday, my mom and I spent part of the day shopping at the outlets in San Marcos. They are enormous and you could spend a few days there if you wanted to, but we only had a couple of hours. I got some silicon baking pans (the pink ones were an extra 20% off for Valentine's Day), an easter cake pan ($7 at WS outlet), and two cast iron pots. I just love them. They're red, which I love, but the best part was they were a true outlet buy-- you know how sometimes things in outlets are just as expensive as buying at the mall--the color was considered slightly off, so they were marked down about 70%! I've been wanting a cast iron pot for a while and although I got a 5 quart and an 8 quart, I'm not sure about keeping two of them. I just want to take a chance to figure out which one will be used the most.

I did a little bit of baking for Valentine's Day. The fudge covered brownies are for B's office and the heart pressed cookies will be put into little bags for J's friends. We're meeting at the park for a little party if you can call it that. It will be the same old playing on the equipment with some special snacks.

Here's a picture of J busting a move at the library Valentine's Day party earlier in the week.
And I just saw on CNN while I was at the gym that UT Austin will be hosting the next Democratic debate, which should create some interesting buzz down here in the next few days.

2 comments:

die Frau said...

Sweet pictures! Little kids dancing is one of my favorite thing to watch. And the cookies look yummy....

Ouiser said...

oh my. he really is rocking out at the library. i love it.

i can't wait to move to tennessee, where there are legitimate outlet malls. there is nothing in kentucky. we used to pass a good one on the way to m's parents' in indiana, but since his dad no longer lives there, we don't find ourselves in edinburgh, indiana that often:)

glad the 2's are going better.

smiles.