Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back Home

We have been to Long Island and back. I was just reading my last post and realize how lucky I am that I already brought my milk to my parents. I would have a hard time getting it there with all of the new carryon restrictions on the airlines. DS was terrific on our airplane flights. I fed him on the way up and down and he slept a little bit in between. Mostly he just flirted with the flight attendants and the other people around him. Everyone was commenting on how happy he seems. I think he's pretty happy, too and credit a lot of that to the fact that he gets enough sleep.

He stayed on a pretty decent schedule at my parents' even though he was sleeping in a pack n' play. He also cut two teeth while we were there--the first one coming on his six month birthday. He can also sit up for a little while on his own and roll over onto his knees and rock back and forth. He's been extremely busy hitting those milestones!

Got to see some good friends and family while we were back east as well. All in all it was a lot of fun to be back there. DH and I commented on how green everything was. The 80 degree, low humidity weather was also a pleasant change from the 100 plus weather we've been with for the past three months. The only drawback was that DH and I both came down with a bug, which resulted in me getting strep throat. I get it once every few years and this must have been my time. It really sucks having to fly when you are sick.

DS had a little bit of trouble adjusting to being back in his own time zone. He has been waking up at 5 am screaming like crazy and cannot be consoled. This is uncharacteristic for him; usually he wakes up smiling and bouncing. But lately he has been so unhappy. The six month shots at the pediatrician the other day haven't helped either. He had a fever for almost three days and wanted nothing else but to be held and carried everywhere. Poor thing.

Today was much better. DS has been taking four short naps, which is not helpful when you want to get things done around the house, but at least he was a little happier. We also gave him some rice cereal today. He wanted to eat the spoon before I even put it near his mouth. Then when I gave him some cereal, he kind of sloshed it around in his mouth before dribbling most of it down his chin. I wish I had a window into his head so I could see what he was thinking about!

I also got to meet my friend's two week old baby. He's only over five pounds and it so small! He's very tall and skinny. DS was never that little since he was almost 8 pounds. He slept in my arms for nearly an hour, only opening his eyes briefly. What a cutie. I can't wait until he gets a little older and he and DS can play together!

No comments: