Thursday, July 20, 2006

Heat, milk, and other thingys

The mercury has been hitting triple digits for the last three or four days and I think it's causing DS to sleep a lot longer. Yesterday he slept for 12 hours at night and then still took three naps totalling 4:45! You would think I'd get a ton done during that time, but since I wasn't prepared for him to sleep that long, I only got a little bit done. I did, however, take my own nap, which felt great. Went to a fabric store to get some pieces of material to make a thingy (yes a thingy) to hang up near DS's changing table so he doesn't scratch the paint off the wall. Not sure what I am going to make or if I am going to employ help from Mom or SIL yet.

As part of the gym package we bought, we have two sessions with a dietician. I was interested to see what she would recommend for a breastfeeding mom who wants to lose a couple of pounds, but not too quickly, while she works out. Turns out, it's not that much different than what I am already doing, which is good. I need to eat more vegetables and a few less starches, but I knew that already. Paying attention to portions a little better is interesting too, but I'm not going to go crazy over it. I noticed yesterday I ate less than I was "allowed" and I worked out, so when it came time to pump in the evening, my supply was low. Not sure if it was food related or not, but I need to be careful with that.

I know I need to get some pictures on this blog or it's going to be pretty boring. Stay tuned...

No comments: